Servings: 6 servings
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and shredded (either grated by hand, or use a food processor)
- 1 large apple, peeled and shredded
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- 1/8-1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
Have all your ingredients ready to go before beginning. You can make this recipe all in one skillet, or transfer to a baking dish when it’s time to bake
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil to the pan. Add the shredded sweet potatoes to the pan and cook until they begin to soften and brown, then add the shredded apples, salt and spices.
Continue to cook over low-med heat about 5 minutes, then add the whisked eggs and coconut milk to the skillet and mix to combine. Stir in the raisins, spread the mixture out evenly in the skillet, then sprinkle chopped nuts over the top.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set and beginning to brown.
Original recipe credit: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/sweet-potato-apple-breakfast-bake-paleo-whole30/