- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon sliced
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pound chicken breasts lightly so they are of even thickness.
- Whisk together lemon juice and zest, minced garlic and olive oil in a small bowl then pour into a 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Lightly dredge the chicken through to coat it, then place chicken breasts side by side in the dish.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, then rub it in with your hands. Place chicken breasts side by side, making sure there is no overlap. Arrange a few lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, basting once or twice, until juices are clear or a meat thermometer reads 160-170 degrees. *Note – depending on the size of your chicken breasts, it could take longer. Mine were pounded to less than an inch thick and take about 18 minutes.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before slicing.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and lemon slices, if desired.
Original recipe credit: https://www.yellowblissroad.com/baked-lemon-chicken/#wprm-recipe-container-20846