- Walking Lunges
- Get-Ups from Knee
- Calf Raises
- Glute Lifts
- Plie Squats
- Lunges with Overhead Arm
- Good Morning
- Step Ups
- You’re working between 8-12 reps. Choose a weight that you can do at least 8 reps but no more than 12. When 12 reps get easy, move to the next heavier weight and do 8 reps, working your way up.
- For each exercise, do one set, rest 30-45 seconds, then do a second set. Move on to the next exercise.
- Track your progress (number of reps and weight size) on paper, in your phone, wherever is convenient. Also, take progress photos so you can see your body changing.
- Take a rest day between each lifting day. You can still do cardio or other forms of exercise on these rest days.
- Challenge yourself to lift heavy weights!
Walking Lunges: Hold weights in hands at hips. Begin with shoulders back and abs pulled in. Take a big step forward and drop the back knee down. Keep upper body straight and shoulders over hips.
Get-Ups from Knee: Begin on knees. As you get up, your focus is on keeping your upper body upright, shoulders back, abs pulled in. Once you’re on your feet, maintain a slight squat. Do 8-12 right lead, then 8-12 left lead.
Calf Raises: Choose heavy weights and press up on your toes, trying not to let your heels touch down in between.
Deadlift: Bend the knees to pick up the bar from the floor. Feet are shoulder-width apart. Pull shoulders back and keeping the back flat, tip forward, lowering the bar to mid-shin. Keep the bar close to the legs.
Glute Lifts: From a hands and knees position, lift one leg at a 90 degree angle and press your leg up toward the ceiling for 12 reps. Repeat other side.
Plie Squat: Stand in a wide stance with toes pointing out. Hold the weight close to your chest. Keeping the shoulders back and torso straight, drop the hips to knee level, keeping the knees pressed back.
Lunge with Overhead Arm: Step into a wide stance. The weight is in the hand opposite the forward leg. Lift the weight straight overhead and take the other arm out to the side. Drop the back knee down. Keep upper body straight and shoulders over hips. Repeat other side.
Good Morning: Pick up the bar and lift up and overhead, resting on your shoulders (not neck), holding with a wide grip. Feet are shoulder-width apart. Pull shoulders back and keeping the back flat, tip forward until chest is parallel to floor. Return to starting position. 8-12 right lead, then 8-12 left lead.
Step Ups: Holding weights in hand, step up onto high surface, keeping shoulders back and abs pulled in. Hold knee at waist level for a couple of seconds before returning to starting position. Repeat other side.
Hydrants: From a hands and knees position, lift one leg at a 90 degree angle out to the side to hip level. Repeat other side.