Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (make sure there is no added sugar)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 tablespoons fat of choice, if needed
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 1/2-3 cups almond or cashew milk
- 4 medium organic russet potatoes, diced and pan fried
In a large skillet brown breakfast sausage over medium heat. Add the sage and fennel while it’s cooking. Once it’s cooked, transfer it to a plate or bowl.
Add some fat to the pan if there isn’t already any left from the sausage. You’ll want about 3 tablespoons total. You can use coconut oil, ghee, bacon grease, or whatever your preferred fat is.
Stir in the almond and tapioca flour and mix it well with the fat- still on medium heat.
Stir in the milk and cook until sauce has thickened. Use a whisk if necessary.
Mix the sausage back in and serve immediately over potatoes
Original recipe credit: https://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2017/01/08/paleo-whole30-sausage-gravy/